Services available to assist if you are experiencing difficulties with any of the following:
- Anxiety & phobias
- Panic disorder
- Life transitions and adjustment issues
- Difficulty coping
- Stress management
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Sleep problems
- Adult survivors of childhood abuse
- Relaxation training
I work using a number of different treatment modalities tailored to individual needs. Treatment may involve Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT), Mindfulness-based cognitive therapy, Acceptance & Commitment Therapy (ACT), Solution Focused/Brief Therapy, or Trauma Informed CBT. All counselling is approached from a strengths perspective.
My services are available to adults and older adults.
Referrals for psychological treatment services are available for the following:
- Medicare referrals: If you have a Mental Health Care Plan provided by your GP under the Better Access to Mental Health program you are able to receive a Medicare rebate for services provided. Under this program you are entitled to six sessions with a rebate at which time you will need to be reviewed by your GP and a determination will be made as to whether further sessions are required. You are eligible for a total of 10 sessions per year.
- Non-Directive Perinatal Counselling Services: I am registered with Medicare to provide non-directive counselling to women who have concerns regarding a current or recent pregnancy under Medicare. Medicare provides a rebate for three sessions for this service if you have a referral from your GP.
- Private: You can attend for psychological counselling services as a private client if you wish, paying the full fee at the time of your appointment. Private health insurers may provide rebates for services. Contact your health insurer for more information.